Vape pens have become increasingly popular in recent years, but there is still a lot of confusion about what Vape Pens are and how they work. This guide will explain everything you need to know about Vape Pens. We’ll provide a comprehensive guide to vape pens, including what they are, how they work, and what types of hemp oil vape pens are available from Hemp Lively. By the end, you’ll be an expert on all things vape pen!
What is a Vape Pen?
A vape pen is a small, handheld vaping device that has a similar shape to a pen. It heats up a cartridge of oil and turns it into vapor that can be inhaled. Vape pens are like e-cigarettes, but they are designed for use with cannabis distillate oils (concentrated cannabis extract) rather than nicotine. Vape pens come in both disposable vape pens and vape cartridges.
What is the difference between a Vape Pen and a Disposable Vape Pen?
A Vape Pen is a category of vaping devices that covers both vape cartridges once they are screwed into a battery and disposable vape pens, commonly called just “vape pens”, which have a battery already built into the device. Every Vape Pen has two parts: a vape cartridge chamber and a vape battery.
Non-disposable vape pens allow the vape cartridge to be removed so the battery can be reused with another vape cartridge. Or, the existing vape cartridge can be refilled.
A Disposable Vape Pen is one piece and consists of a self enclosed battery cartridge combo. It comes fully charged and cannot be refilled. It’s thrown away once done.
Does Hemp Lively sell Vape Pens?
Yes. Hemp Lively HHC and Delta 8 Vape Pens are disposable. We also sell HHC and Delta 8 Vape Cartridges. You can also buy a 510-thread battery to go with the vape cart and when combined with the cartridge, it would make a 2-piece vape pen.
Hemp Lively Disposable Vape Pens
Disposable Vape Pens vs. Vape Carts
Vape pens are all the rage now, especially Delta 8 Disposables. They are small, convenient, effective, require no assembly or maintenance, and you can buy them everywhere. So, what are the advantages of vape cartridges over vape pens?
Why would someone buy a vape cartridge instead of a disposable vape pen?
Vape Carts have three distinct advantages over disposable vape pens.
- Price – Unlike Disposable Vape Pens where you’re paying for both the battery and the cartridge in one, when you buy a vape cartridge, you are not paying for the battery if you already have one. Therefore, in comparison to disposable vape pens, vape cartridges are usually about 20% less expensive.
- Wattage Control – Using your own power source gives you the power to adjust the wattage of the vape. Cheaply made disposable vape pens, especially ones you’ll get at the gas station or ones made in China, can be extremely harsh and in some cases very dangerous when the power source is set to high. On a disposable, you cannot adjust this. With some vape cartridge batteries, you can.
- Reusable – Although this is rare, vape cartridges are refillable and reusable.
Anatomy of a Vape Pen
A typical vape pen consists of three main components: a battery, a heating element (also known as an atomizer), and a cartridge or tank. The battery is what powers the heating element, which in turn vaporizes the liquid in the cartridge or tank. Let’s take a closer look at each of these components:
- Battery: The battery is typically the largest component in a vape pen. It houses the electrical current that powers the heating element. Most vape pens use lithium-ion batteries, which can be recharged via a USB port.
- Atomizer: The atomizer is the part of the vape pen that heats up and vaporizes the liquid. It consists of a coil of wire (usually made from Kanthal or nichrome) that is wrapped around a wick made from cotton or ceramic.
- Cartridge/Tank: The cartridge or tank is where the liquid is stored. It is typically made from glass or plastic and screwed onto the atomizer. Some cartridges are disposable while others can be refilled.
- Mouthpiece: The mouthpiece is the part of the vape pen that you put your mouth on when you inhale the vapor. It can be made from plastic, metal , or glass.
- Chimney: The chimney is the air passage that travels from the tip of the mouthpiece, through the chamber of the atomizer and either out the side or at the bottom of the vape pen.
- Power Button or Power Sensor: On every disposable vape pen, there will either be a power button to turn the vape on and also to heat the coil located in the atomizer. Or, the power will automatically be turned on when the sensor triggers from the airflow. This is very common in disposable vapes. It remains off until you draw air through the vape which triggers the sensor to turn on and heat the liquid in the cartridge or tank.
Now that we know the basics of how a vape pen works, let’s take a look at some of the different types that are available:
Type of Vape Pens
The two main types of vape pens are:
- Vape Cartridge + Battery Combo
- Disposable Vape Pen (battery included)
Are there different types of vape pens for different things?
Absolutely. There are different vape pens, all with different levels of heat, made for various purposes such as:
- E-Liquid Vape Pens: E – liquid vape pens are by far the most common type. E-liquids contain nicotine and are have become extremely popular in recent years as an alternative to cigarettes. They work by vaporizing e-liquids, which is a mixture of nicotine, VG (vegetable glycerine), and PG (propylene glycol). E-liquid vape pens, or “e-cigs” come in every flavor immaginable and various nicotine strengths.
- Dry Herb Vape Pens: Dry herb vape pens are designed for vaporizing dry herbs like marijuana, tobacco, and even some culinary herbs like lavender and rosemary . These pens usually have ceramic heating elements that gently heat up your herbs without combustion, releasing their active ingredients in flavorful vapor form.
- Wax Pens: Wax pens are like dry herb pens, but they’re designed specifically for concentrates like waxes and shatter. These concentrates have higher concentrations of active ingredients than dry herbs, so they can provide stronger effects when inhaled. However, they also require more care to use since they can easily overheat and combust if not used properly.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Disposable vape pens are prefilled with an oil distillate such as Delta 8 THC distillate and mixed with terpenes to mimix your favorite marijuana strains. This makes them extremely convenient since there’s no need to worry about recharging batteries or refilling cartridges/tanks. They’re only meant for single and usually cost more than purchasing a single vape cartridge but less expensive than purchasing a single vape cartridge and a seperate battery. However, some prefer vape carts because they can recharge and reuse their 510-thread battery which ultimately saves money when compared to buying Disposable Vape Pens every time.
What are the best vape pens for hemp extracts?
At Hemp Lively, we’ve done the research for you and chosen the highest quality vaping products on the market. Every vape pen uses the correct wattage and all of our Vape Carts and Vape Pens are made using lab-tested hemp extracts professionally mixed with premium terpenes. Disposable Vape Pens are more convenient and easy to use while Vape Cartridges are more affordable in the long run. The important thing to remember when buying cannabis infused vapes is to choose a manufacturer, not a distributor, that you trust. Do not buy from gas stations where most of the vapes come directly from China to one of their distributors.
How To Use a Hemp Lively Vape Pen for the First Time?
Hemp Lively Vape Pens (Disposable)
Hemp Lively Vape Pens come fully charged and are extremely easy to use. Here’s a few steps to get you started.
- When you first get your Hemp Lively Vape Pen, open the package and remove the vape pen and charging cord. Place the charging cord in a safe place in case you need to use it. Most likely you won’t as the internal battery is designed to last the duration of the 1mL vape.
- Locate the mouthpiece. There should be a small opaque stopper just barely covering the hole in the center of the top of the vape pen. Remove and throw away.
- Next, locate the charging port at the bottom. Next to the charging port, you’ll see a very small hole. This is the bottom of the chimney where air flows through. Place your mouth around the entire bottom of the vape pen and blow until you hear air passing through the vape. This is done to ensure the chimney hasn’t been blocked by small amounts of distillate that occasionally seep through the small mesh holes that allow small amounts of distillate into the vaping chamber.
- There is no power button on Hemp Lively Disposable Vape Pens. The power is automatically triggers on when air passes through the chimney. Therefore, to heat the coil and take your first vape, place your mouth around the top of the mouthpiece and draw air several times until you get a cloud of vape smoke.
- That’s it. Remember, if this is your first time trying this or any vape. Take 1-2 puffs and wait at least 30 minutes before taking another to guage the strength of the vape pen. And always vape in a safe place while at home or somewhere that you will no need to drive. Delta 8 THC and HHC are both extremely psychoactive and cause drowsiness. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this or any cannabis vaping product.
How to charge a vape pen?
Again, this depends on the type of pen you have. For our disposables, each one comes with a small charging cable which plug directly into the bottom of the vape pen. I usually plug mine right into my laptop as I’m working, they do come with some charge but it’s best (for the sake of the battery) to fully charge the battery when you receive your vape pen. Some of the disposable vape pens out there are single-use and can’t be recharged. The biggest complaint with those is there is usually some concentrate left in the cartridge, once they cease to operate.
How long to charge a vape pen?
It takes about 30 minutes to fully charge our Delta-8 and HHC pens. For other types of pens, it may take a bit longer or shorter, depending on the size of the battery.
How To Use a Hemp Lively Vape Cartridge & 510-thread battery Combo Vape Pen for the First Time?
If you decide to make your own vape pen with your favorite Delta 8 Cart and 510-thread battery, here’s a few tips to get started.
- Charge your battery for at least 30 minutes if needed. Do not charge your battery while a vape cartridge is currently attached.
- Screw the vape cartrdige into the battery.
- Power on the battery by clicking the button 5 times quickly.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds to heat the distillate in the vape cart.
- Then place your mouth over the vape cart’s mouthpiece and click the button for short intervals while you take small puffs until you get a cloud of vape smoke.
- Only take 1-2 puffs if this is your first time. Wait at least 30 minutes before taking another to guage the strength of the vape pen you just created with your battery and vape cartridge.
- When done vaping, click the power button on the battery 5 times to power off and place in a safe place out of the reach of children.
Always vape in a safe place such as your home or somewhere that you will no need to drive from. Delta 8 THC and HHC are both extremely psychoactive and cause drowsiness. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this or any cannabis vaping product.
Will all batteries fit all vape cartridges?
No. They must be the same thread. The most universally used vape cartridges are 510-threaded, which means they are compatible with any tank or atomizer that is also 510-threaded. Some cartridges use 810-threading, but they are rare and not as widely used as 510-threads. We offer 510 threaded carts for both our Delta-8 carts and HHC carts.
Hemp Lively cares about your safety. Here are a few questions we thought you’d want some honest answers to.
- What is in a vape pen?
- How long to charge a vape pen?
- Are vape pens safe?
So, let’s go through our most popular questions and some others, in order to help you decide what the best vape pen is for you.
What is in a Hemp Lively Vape pen?
A Hemp Livey Vape Pens (disposable) are a combination of a battery (power source) and a vape cartrdige. The vape cartridge is filled with lab-tested distillate hemp extract, Delta 8 THC or HHC, mixed with premium terpenes to mimic your favorite cannabis strains. There are no other ingredents, simply hemp extract and terpenes.
Is vaping bad for you?
Although most would argue that vaping is healthier than smoking – breathing anything other than clean air into the lungs isn’t healthy.
Can vape pens hurt you?
Vape pens are not dangerous in and of themselves, but they can be harmful if utilized incorrectly. Inhaling vapor, on the other hand, is not inherently hazardous; however, it may be if done frequently or for a long period of time, at too high a temperature or wattage, and not changing the filter or coil can also be dangerous. It must be noted that breathing in anything other than clean oxygen-rich air is not as healthy as breathing in clean air. Vape in moderation using vaping product from a company you trust.
Can I reuse or refill my vape?
Although possible, as a best practice, only use a vape cartridge or disposable vape pen once, then throw away. Users should never attempt to repair or restore a damaged device on their own.
Can you fly with a vape pen?
Always check with your airline before flying with any cannabis product or carrying or checking in your luggage a battery operated device such as a vape pen or vape cart battery. Vaping also varies by country, so double-check before taking a vape on an international flight.
Vape Pens are a great alternative to smoking and extremely convenient for hemp-derived cannabis products. They’re simple to operate and don’t require much expertise. A disposable vape is ready to use and it’s always a good idea to use in a safe place. Making your own vape pen with a 510-thread battery plus your favorite delta 8 vape cartridge can be more affordable in the long run but requires a little more work. Please vape responsibly and remember to buy your Hemp Lively HHC or Delta 8 Vape Pen today.