The first thing that happens to us as we grow older is eye wrinkles and, once they’ve happened, it’s all we can think about. Specifically, we’re talking about eyelid creases which are one of the first signs of aging. Our eyes are usually one of the first features people notice about us (along with our smiles). It is also one of the first locations where we start to show signs of aging. There are a number of reasons our skin wrinkles including a loss of oil production and less elasticity.
Fortunately, there are products available that can assist in preventing wrinkles from developing if you use them early. There are some that may help to minimize or even reduce the appearance of wrinkles naturally, even after they’ve appeared.
Hemp Lively’s Whole Plant Hemp Body Lotion is an excellent choice because it moisturizes the skin and allows the 100+ cannabinoids like CBD, CBG, and CBC to reguvenate your outer shell. Plus it’s environmentally friendly, rather than a petroleum-based product. As the world emphasizes environmentally friendly and more natural solutions, figuring out which product to use may be difficult. One solution is definitely hemp body lotion.
What causes Wrinkles?
There are several factors that contribute to facial wrinkles and poor skin. Most you can control. However, some of them you can't. The factors that contribute to wrinkles and other signs of aging are you Smoking, Age, UV light exposure, and Facial Expressions.
- Poor Diet. Diet's full of bad fats and high sugar diets can lead to clogged pours and weight fluxuations which break down your skin's elasticity.
- Smoking. Smoking cigarettes has severe consequences when it comes to your skin and it causes damage on two fronts. First, inhaling the hundreds of dangerous chemicals in cigarettes will permeate from the inside of your body into your skin. Secondly, the smoke itself digs deep into your pours causing severe signs of aging. If you smoke, stop and your skin will thank you.
- Ultraviolet (UV) light exposure. Sunlight contains Ultraviolet radiation and is extremely bad for your skin. This is the primary cause of early aging signs like facial wrinkling. UV light, especially for prolonged or frequent periods, can break down your skin's collagen and elastin fibers which make up your skin's connective tissue. These lie deep in the dermal layer of the skin and will cause skin damage and wrinkling. Sunlight and UV rays also dehydrate the skin making the damage more severe. Without healthy supportive connective tissue, skin loses its elesticity and doesn't return to its previous state when stretched over and over again. It then starts to sag which are wrinkles.
- Loss of Elasticity from Aging. As you get older, you're skin becomes less elastic. Think of your skin as a rubber band. Imaging finding a 50 year old rubber band. It wouldn't work to well would it? But there are things you can do such as daily moisterizing and adding cannabinoid-rich hemp products to your daily regimen which help bring your body back to homeostasis.
- Facial Expressions. Repeated facial expressions such as smiling, raising your eyebrows, or squinting over and over again can cause wrinkles in those affected places. Each time you repeat an expression, a small groove forms just below the skin's surface. As you age, your skin's loss of flexibility can't fully get back to its original place. These small grooves, over time, get larger until they become permanent wrinkles and creases.
Crows feet and Wrinkles: a closer look.
Let’s look at what causes those annoying crow’s feet and wrinkles to appear around the eyes before we get into what hemp cream is and how it may benefit the skin around your eyes. The skin surrounding your eyes is some of the most delicate skin on your body. The skin is thin and must be cared for gently. Because this skin is so sensitive, wrinkle formation tends to begin here first. When it comes to a fighting wrinkles, the eyes should be on the top of your list. The skin around the mouth and on the forehead should be next on the list.
Second, because your eyes are used all day, in many ways, you may not even realize. Your eyes not only help you to see everything around you but also blink on a regular basis while expressing emotion. When you try to make out distant objects, your eyes squint. Before you least expect it, wrinkles can form as a result of all this work your eyes do on a daily basis.
Third, external factors such as UV rays, sun exposure, and even genetics can accelerate the aging of the skin around your eyes. That’s why when you’re outside, wearing sunglasses is so important, not just for your eyes but also for the skin around them.
How to prevent and improve wrinkles?
Old age is a necessary and inevitable fact of life. Despite the fact that everyone ages, many people still want to find methods to delay it or at least mitigate the effects around their eyes. There are several ways to improve wrinkles and even prevent some of the new ones from coming.
- Eat Healthy. Eating non-processed, natural foods that are low in sugar and full of vitamins and minerals can significantly imrove your skin's health. Give you body what it needs and I promise you, it will handle the details.
- Stop Smoking Cigarettes. If you can find the strength to quit, your skin will thank you. If you can't you may want to look into alternative nicotine delivery methods like nicotine chewing gum or even vaping. If you do decide to vape, it's imparative that you use a low wattage and change your filters regularly. Vaping is not 100% safe but, in my opinion, much safer than cigarettes when done correctly.
- Use Broad Spectrum Sunblock. If you must be out in the sun, always use broad-spectrum sunscreen (blocks both UVA and UVB rays) or other skin care products that have at least an SPF factor of 30, per the American Academy of Dermatology, and reapply at least every two hours.
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. Dry skin shrinks up which cause creases and lines. Moisturizing regularly keeps the water in your skin cells leaving them plump. This can help hide and prevent wrinkles. When starting out a moisturizing routine, multiple times per day, you may not see results for a few weeks. Keep at it and you will notice a difference.
- Use CBD-rich Skin Care Products. CBD has anti-inflammatory effects and can ease the inflammation caused when skin is damages. It also has antioxidant properties which may help ease any irritation. Cannabinoids such as CBD work with your body's endocannabinoid system which help bring your body and skin back to homeostasis. Using multiple cannabinoid skin care products can assist in your skin's overall health.
What are Hemp Topicals?
Hemp Topicals are skin care products such as creams, salves, lotions, and massage oils infused with hemp extract packed with CBD. Most hemp topicals are made only with CBD, leaving out the other 100+ cannabinoids. At Hemp Lively, we infuse all of our topicals with our Whole Plant Hemp Extract which has all available cannabinoids and terpenes giving you the power of the whole plant, not just CBD.
When you're looking for the right hemp topical product to buy, make sure check the ingredients to see whether it contains CBD derived from hemp, or just hemp seed oil which contains no CBD or other Cannabinoids. Hemp Seed Oil is similar to Olive Oil. It's healthy and also good for the skin, but not nearly as mush as CBD is. CBD can be very beneficial for your skin and help reduce under-eye wrinkles, so verify that it's in there before buying.
Can Hemp Topicals Help Eye Wrinkles?
Hemp skin care products provide several advantages that might help you fight wrinkles around your eyes and improve the look of your skin as a whole. Here’s how:
- Hemp topicals containing CBD (make sure it's in there) has a compound that's been found to help enhance collagen synthesis. Collagen is responsible for giving your skin its suppleness and firmness. However, as we get older, collagen production decreases. You should see your skin will firm up if you apply hemp cream to increase collagen regeneration, and wrinkles might just melt away.
- Hemp skincare products include fatty and amino acids, which help to keep the skin smooth and soft. These acids have a role in keeping the skin smooth and flexible. It's what gives our skin its youthful glow and appear younger when you use it around your eyes.
- Hemp-derived CBD alone is high in vitamins A, C, and E, which have all been shown to aid in the maintenance of healthy skin. You can help prevent wrinkles from developing by keeping your skin healthy and nourished.
It's really important to remember that using natural products like hemp-infused skin care products, in your skin care regimen, may help you keep your skin keep looking younger and healthier.
Whole Plant Hemp Skin Care Products
Take care of your skin with these phytocannabinoid & terpene-rich Hemp-infused Skin Care products, full of CBD, Cannabinoids, Essential Oils, and Vitamins. We always recommend combining any CBD topical with your choice of one of our ingestible Whole Plant Hemp products, either our Whole Plant Hemp Oil or Whole Plant Hemp Gummies. Try a Hemp Lively Skin Care Sampler Pack which comes with our entire skin care line plus a bottle of Whole Plant Hemp Oil 600mg.
Taking care of your skin is extremely important. There are some products you should use daily such as Hemp Lively’s Whole Plant Hemp Body Lotion and other topicals that you use as needed like our Whole Plant Hemp Relief Salve. Although there are a number of factors that can contribute to signs of aging and wrinkles, the biggest culprits are old age, poor diet, smoking, and sun damage. Hemp Lively can’t stop you from getting older, but we can help with CBD rich moisturizing body lotions, soothing hemp bath bombs, and CBD Massage Oil. Try Hemp Lively’s skin care line today and always combine with a daily regimen of one of our Whole Plant Hemp Oil or Gummies.