Have you ordered some CBD, Hemp, or Delta 8 gummies recently and they showed up as a big blob in a jar? If so, keep reading. Hemp Lively makes some amazing Whole Plant hemp Gummies and Delta 8 Gummies. If you’ve ordered them, you know. However, even when made correctly, every gummy has a melting point and in the midst of a record-breaking summer, melted gummies can happen even when we take the proper precautions to get them to you in their original gummy shape. During summer in several states like Florida, Arizona, and Texas to name a few, we need your help to make sure this doesn’t happen.
Why do gummies melt?
Gummies are made with gelatin which holds water molecules in place. When temperature rises, molecules get excited and start moving around. Thus, eventually breaking these bonds between gelatin and water and turning this giggly mass back into liquid.
Tips to Avoid Melted Gummies
- Check the tracking on your order. A tracking number will be emailed to your once we print the label which will be the same day we ship. However, USPS and FedEx usually won’t update and expected delivery date until they’ve scanned it in at their facility later that evening or early the next morning.
- As a good rule of thumb, check the tracking on your order the day after you receive the order completed notification and try to make arrangements to pick them up as quick as possible from the time they get delivered.
Know the difference between FedEx and USPS
USPS (United States Postal Service)
- USPS packages will end up in your mailbox. MAILBOXES ARE LIKE LITTLE OVENS, especially if they are metal. So, time is of the essence when it’s hot outside in a mailbox.
- USPS Priority Shipping usually takes 3 days. Sometimes 1-2 if you live close to our facility or in a major metropolitan area with a USPS Distribution Center.
- FedEx packages will end up on your door step which may or may not shaded or hot.
- Most of our FedEx shipments will be sent FedEx 2-day shipping (if available in your area)
More Tips to Avoid Melted Gummies:
- If you’ve ordered from us before, make a mental note of how many days from your shipping tracking number email that it took to arrive. Please make the necessary adjustments for Sundays which neither USPS or FedEx delivers on. Plan your next order around a delivery date someone will be there to get the mail or pick up the package from your door step.
- If you’d prefer FedEx to your door Step over USPS in your mailbox, or vice versa, PLEASE PUT YOUR REQUEST IN YOUR ORDER NOTES. (it’s a big box next to your address on the checkout page). Simply type “PLEASE SEND 2-DAY FED EX, MAILBOX GET’S HOT” OR “FEDEX TO MY DOORSTEP PLEASE”
Existing Preventative Shipping Measures
We don’t expect all the responsibility to fall on you, the customer. There are a number of preventative measures that we take to get your gummies to you in good gummy shape. Here’s what we do on our end:
- During Summer Months, we do not ship any orders containing gummies on Fridays in order to avoid an extra day in transit.
- All gummy orders are packed in either a small (or large) Styrofoam cooler or in a thermal insulated bag. These bags buy us time and hold temperature in side the bag for an extended period of time.
- Small Cooling Packs are put inside either the cooler or the insulated packs.
How Hemp Lively handles an order showing up with melted gummies?
If your retail order of gummies shows up melted, please contact us within 24 hours of the delivery date and we will send you a replacement order. You will need to send us a picture of the melted gummies. We may or may not have you send them back. If this happens multiple times, because you live in an inferno or simply can’t be there to get the mail in a reasonable amount of time, we will not keep sending gummies expecting a different result and recommend that you switch to a Hemp Oil instead of the gummies until the weather cools down. We offer all gummy products in an oil tincture form which are made using the same hemp extracts used in our gummies.
How to remold or portion out melted hemp gummies?
In the event that you get to keep the melted gummies, here’s a few tips if you want to still eat them or remold them.
- Our gummies weight about 2.5g. Therefore, if you want to simply cut off a piece of melted gummy and eat it, you need to weigh it first to make sure you are not eating a bigger serving size, especially for delta 8. You can get a digital scale for about $13 from Amazon. Make sure the scale is accurate to the 0.01g.
- Remolding Gummies can only happen if you can first get the melted mass out of the jar. Do not cut the plastic jar as you risk the danger of pieces of plastic then melting into the gummies. If you do decide to remold the gummies, simply place the mass in a very small, nonstick pan on low heat until is liquefies. Immediately pour the liquefied gummy mixture into a mold. Then before you eat one, you need to figure out how strong they are. You can do this in one of two ways.
- Compare the # of Gummies – Take the number of gummies in the original package. Eg. 30ct = 30. Then take the number of gummies you made using your molds. Let’s say you made them larger and only ended up with 15 new gummies from the melted 30. The gummies you purchased were 25mg/gummy. Here’s the math.
# of Hemp Lively Gummies Melted x original mg/gummy = New gummy strength mg/gummy
# of gummies made with new Molds
In the example above you’d have
30 Hemp Lively Melted gummies x 25mg/gummy = New gummy strength of 50mg/gummy
15 New gummies made
- Weigh the new gummies. Use this formula
2.5g/gummy divided by new gummy weight (g) X original strength.
Eg. 2.5g / 4g x 25mg/gummy = new strength of 15mg/gummy
- Always store your gummies, (melted or not) in a safe place away from children.
- If you do remold the gummies, place them back in the properly labelled jar they came in so they are not to be confused with Candy.
- Never arbitrarily ingest a piece of melted delta 8 gummies without first weighing the piece to make sure you are not taking more than 25mg or a 2.5g piece.
- Do not exceed 25mg of Delta 8 gummies in a 4-hour period.
- Delta 8 is psychoactive and causes drowsiness. So, so not, ever, operated heavy machinery within 12 hours from taking delta 8. This includes driving cars, motorcycles, or any other type of motorized vehicle. You should also not use light machinery such as bicycles, skateboards, or puts yourself on, in, or around these types of moving objects. For example, don’t go for a walk, even on a sidewalk, where there are cars driving near you.
Simply put, stay at home, stay safe, be responsible, look up your order’s tracking to get your delivery date, and check your mail. From all of us at Hemp Lively, stay safe and have a great weekend.